Design thinking for kids when learning STEM
Design thinking is powerful tool and thinking approach to innovate and think creatively for kids.
So, how does this process may look like:
- Learn, collect and understand as many subjects as possible. Learn creative thinking, logic, mathematics, science and lateral thinking.
- Ideate and investigate the problem. This can be performed by an individual as well as by a group. A group in that case will possess more knowledge and experiences.
- Execute problem solving research based on knowledge of the world, following creative thinking strategies.
- Communicate the possible solutions.
- Create samples of solutions if required.
- Test your solutions in real life and apply critical thinking when something fails or dos not go as per plan.
- Finalise and produce the final solution of a problem.
This approach of design thinking could be used at schools as well as at home to teach children problem solve. The problems will require from kids ability to combine knowledge from various subjects and learn doing the research as well as use critical and creative thinking.
Children activate their imagination and creativity and open their minds to the new and unknown solutions. Problem based learning while applying the design thinking strategies for kids allows them to focus and understand the problems and contradictions. Problem based learning focuses on finding new solutions to existing problems.
To learn these skills you may enrol your child into our weekly online or face-to-face “TRIZ for Kids Creative Thinking and Problem Solving” program.